Holiday Decorating Contest
Contest Entry Form: Decorating Contest Flyer – Sign Up Form
CATEGORIES (1 winner and 1 runner up in each):
Clark Griswold – Your house can be seen from space. As a matter of fact, it’s SO bright, the judges have to wear shades.
Rockin’ around the Christmas Tree –Synchronized or not, if you have us dancing, humming or singing along with your musical display, this category is for you.
Yard party – if your yard decorations take center stage, this one is for you! Think inflatables, plastic decorations, wood displays, etc. Get it out there, set it up! We want to see it.
Themed – If your display has a theme happening and we can tell immediately what it is, this one is for you (i.e., 12 days of Christmas, animated characters, Santa’s Workshop)
Clear and Elegant – All white lights, wreaths, candles, etc. No inflatables or multi-colored lights in this category, just the beautiful simplicity of clear white lights and simple decorations.
Colorful – Think multi-colored lights and decorations. If we look at your house and see rainbows and happiness, you’re in.
Spirit of the Season – If your decorations feature the true spirit and meaning of the season…such as manger scenes, menorahs in the windows, angels, wise men and more…this one is for you.
Taking Care of Business – this category is for Camden’s businesses and non-profit organizations only. Let’s see what you got! (Businesses/Orgs can place in other categories also.)
Best Window Display – Another category for businesses and non-profits and residents who may have smaller areas to decorate. Wow us through your window(s)!
Most Beautiful Overall Display – you may not have the most lights or yard ornaments, there may be no music or animation but your decorations are organized and beautiful, and they wow us.
- No entry fee
- The contest is open to all residents and businesses/organizations located in and within one mile of Camden Ohio.
- Individuals and businesses/orgs must register their participation by completing an entry form and submitting it to email@example.com.
- Judging will take place on December 15-17 so all decorations must be lit up from 6:00-9:00 pm on those dates and visible from the road be included.
- Judging by Holiday Decorating Contest Committee will be based on creativity, category relevance, presentation and overall “WOW!” factor.
- Prizes will be awarded to first place and runner-up in each category. The judges reserve the right to also award honorable mention awards in one or more categories.
- Winners will be announced via the Camden website and Camden Bicentennial Facebook pages by Wednesday, Dec 19th. (Winners will be notified prior to the announcement.)
Homes and business/non-profit organizations will be judged by a committee of Camden area residents. Winners (including their addresses) will be announced on December 17th on Camden’s website and the Camden Bicentennial Facebook page.
1st Place – Large gift bag of goodies (including gift cards, fun stuff & bicentennial merchandise) Winners will also receive a 1st place yard sign to display.
Runner-up– Medium bag of goodies (including gift cards, bicentennial merchandise), plus a yard sign to display.
Winners assume all liability for any injuries or damages caused or claimed to be caused by his or her participation in the contest and/or the acceptance and/or use of any prize, and release the Village of Camden from any such liability.
Link to printable PDF of Rules: Decorating Contest Rules